METAvivor appreciates your donation and honors your generosity by ensuring that 100% of your donation goes toward supporting grants for metastatic breast cancer research.
WISPA is a supporter of breast cancer research and awareness. This year, on Thursday, October 13, WISPAPALOOZA will have a “pink day” with proceeds going to METAvivor. METAvivor is a research non-profit that makes a difference. Here are some facts:
· 100% of breast cancer deaths occur because of metastasis, and almost 100% of people whose breast cancer has metastasized will die from it.
· 6% - 10% of initial breast cancer diagnoses are metastatic.
· 30% of patients diagnosed with earlier stage breast cancer will eventually develop stage 4 breast cancer and die.
· In the US alone, more than 40,000 lives are lost each year to Metastatic Breast Cancer.
· The popular breast cancer fundraising movements give on average only 2% of their research funds to researching metastasis.METAvivor directs 100% of all donations to competitive peer-reviewed research with the goal of ending death from metastatic breast cancer. Read more at www.metavivor.org.